With summer just around the corner, you may be making arrangements for your child to spend some quality time with his grandparents while you are stuck at work. Hopefully, your child will have lots of adventures and fun during the summer break, but what happens when your child needs medical attention and you are not with them? The answer is simple: execute a Power of Attorney Over Minor Child. This power of attorney will give a family member the power to consent to medical treatment for your child in your absence. These types of power of attorney have an expiration date that may not exceed 6 months from the date executed or 12 months from the date executed if the parent is a member of the military.

Laura M. Trujillo

Disclaimer: This blog is for information purposes only. Legal advice is provided only through a formal, written attorney/client agreement.