Estate Planning, Probate & Guardianship
Areas of focus within estate planning, probate and guardianship.
Probate & Trust Litigation
Discrepancies related to the creation of a will or trust or miscommunication between executors or trustee or beneficiaries can sometimes lead to disputes that need to be resolved in probate court. We can help resolve these disputes on behalf of heirs, beneficiaries, trustees, executors or administrators such as:
- Will contests, including claims of incompetence or undue influence
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims against a personal representative, trustee or guardian/conservator
- Sale of estate assets
- Filing of tax returns
- Payment of estate taxes, if applicable
- Final distribution of assets to heirs/devisees
- Valuation disputes
- Disputes as to the disposition of particular assets by gift, will, or operation of law
- Title disputes over trusts and estates
- Questions as to the need for a guardianship of a vulnerable person
- Disputes between or among heirs
- Disagreements concerning family business ownership or management succession.