Discrepancies related to the creation of a will or trust or miscommunication between executors or trustee or beneficiaries can sometimes lead to disputes that need to be resolved in probate court. We can help resolve these disputes on behalf of heirs, beneficiaries, trustees, executors or administrators such as:
- Will contests, including claims of incompetence or undue influence
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims against a personal representative, trustee or guardian/conservator
- Sale of estate assets
- Filing of tax returns
- Payment of estate taxes, if applicable
- Final distribution of assets to heirs/devisees
- Valuation disputes
- Disputes as to the disposition of particular assets by gift, will, or operation of law
- Title disputes between trusts and estates
- Questions as to the need for a guardianship of a vulnerable person
- Disputes between or among heirs
- Disagreements concerning family business ownership or management succession.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories–legal ability and general ethical standards.