At Margrave Celmins, our business experience, legal knowledge and understanding of commercial practices in both sales and secured financing make us the law firm of choice for many companies in Greater Phoenix.
Whether you’re a lender, a borrower or a guarantor, we can advise you about your options and document your transaction accurately and insightfully. We can also protect your interests in mediation, arbitration or civil litigation if your deal appears headed the wrong way.
Here are some examples of the kinds of transactions we can handle on behalf of either the borrower or the lender:
- Asset-based loan transactions from the letter of intent to the closing of the loan
- Specialty loan documentation involving private lenders, unusual collateral, repayment terms, or assignment terms
- Convertible note transactions providing for the conversion of debt to equity
- Loans secured by real estate, fixtures, pledges, personal guaranties, contract rights or other intangible collateral
As well as negotiating and documenting business loan transactions, we also advise and represent our clients on more esoteric commercial law needs: problems related to negotiable instruments or commercial paper, collateral valuation and liquidation problems, troubled loan workouts, debt subordination problems, or disputes as to whether an event of default has occurred.
Our thorough understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code and the practical needs of businesses in many industries can protect you at every stage of a transaction, from the initial negotiations to enforcing your rights in court.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories–legal ability and general ethical standards.